List Your Event
Poetry Flash aims to provide the widest possible access to poetry and literature to the largest number of people possible, through publishing and literary events, while documenting and celebrating West Coast literature.
The Literary Calendar is a guide to the poetry, fiction, and creative nonfiction reading/book scene throughout California, covering workshops, festivals, conferences, open mic, and poetry slams, incorporating all aspects of the writing and book arts. Extensive regional listings for the Southwest, Pacific Northwest, and national conferences are featured.
Our listings include:
- Northern California Daily Events (from Fresno north)
- Southern California Daily Events (from Fresno south)
- Festivals, Conferences, and Out-of-California Events
(Arizona, New Mexico, Washington, Oregon, and Colorado,
New York City area, national and international conferences and more)
- Open Mics & Poetry Slams
- Workshops & Classes
- Literary Films, Theater, Exhibits, Radio & TV
If you would like us to list your event, please send us a press release or announcement with the following details:
- Type of event: reading festival, conference, workshop, etc. Please tell us if there is an open reading or open mic as part of the program.
- Featured readers and presenters: names, recently published works, relevant biographical information.
- Where, when: location, address, date, time, a telephone number (that may be published) and/or website for more information.
You can send your listings via:
Calendar items for our more comprehensive online Literary Calendar are posted continually, as quickly as possible. Our next print issue will be published in fall 2011.
Poetry Flash publishes book reviews, essays, poems, and literary display advertising. We encourage publishers and authors to submit their newly published works to our editorial staff for review. We cannot guarantee a review, but we read and consider every new publication that we receive. Please send your book or magazine to the attention of "Review Copy" at the above address. Editorial inquiries may be made to Joyce Jenkins or Richard Silberg at editor @ poetryflash.org.
See Editorial Guidelines for more information on submitting poems or other writing for publication.
Volunteers and editorial interns are always welcome. Please email a resume with a cover letter to editor @ poetryflash.org.